Bureau of Employment, utterly useless

Re: Bureau of Employment, utterly useless

Postby THE USELESS SWEDE » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:34 pm

REPLICANT wrote:
THE USELESS SWEDE wrote:That said in the end it seems like they processed my application in record time and I'll be going over to collect it tomorrow and apply from my new ARC.

And yes, they're still mostly useless, .

So how about you post us on what utterly useless documents you needed to provide that you hadn't done so already. You could give us a list of documents required either in English or in Chinese. By the way when they say they need a copy of your ARC or ID card you always need to copy both sides, bit of a no brainer on that one as there is information on both sides.

Yeah, cause I would post that because you ask so nicely...
In fact, I was going to post a guide here, but decided not to in the end because of the nice people here on places like Forumosa being so kind and supportive.
www.thelostswede.com Go check out my blog
THE USELESS SWEDE

Postby REPLICANT » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:41 pm

THE USELESS SWEDE wrote:Yeah, cause I would post that because you ask so nicely...
In fact, I was going to post a guide here, but decided not to in the end because of the nice people here on places like Forumosa being so kind and supportive.

Well I love your blog, but I thought you were running your own rep office?

Posted by thelostswede on May 8, 2012
Otherwise little else is new as I’m still doing the same old job, but I’m getting to the point where I’m close to be willing to do anything but what I’ve been doing for the past five years. The industry isn’t what it used to be and no-one seems to care about quality content any more, which is quite disappointing, but we got all the tech blogs to thank for that…

by thelostswede on December 5, 2011 I guess I’ve really neglected this blog, as I haven’t written anything on it for over a year…
I’m still in Taiwan, although these days I have a full-time job and things are overall much better than they’ve been for a few years.

Posted by thelostswede on June 18, 2010 The first week of June was Computex, which is usually the busiest week for me in the year, but for whatever reason, I’m getting requests to do freelance work from left, right and centre

by thelostswede on September 14, 2009
So, after many years in the IT industry, most of them as an IT journalist, I’ve gotten around to starting my own site. It’s something I’ve wanted to do many a times before, but I’ve just never gotten around to it.

thelostswede on February 23, 2009 Why is it that every time you’ve just about made your mind up that you’re going to do something, the whole game change?

I thought I was ready to go ahead and take a job and now something else cropped up and all of a sudden the previous offer doesn’t seem all that interesting any more. But all this means that now I have to wait and see what’ll happen, as the new offer isn’t set in stone yet.

Re: Taiwanese workers rights?
by TheLostSwede » 12 Oct 2011, 22:20

The system is crazy and it blows big times and this is why I no longer work for local companies
Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave!
REPLICANT

Postby CHAON THE SAGE » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:53 pm

by Toasty » 03 Dec 2011, 00:07

Government agencies everywhere are sometimes a pain. However, I have found Taiwanese agencies-- including the bureau of employment and vocational training-- to be far less painful to deal with than their counterparts in my home country. Usually, I have found foreigners who have problems fall into one of a few categories: they lack patience or language skills; or they are trying to work a fiddle.

Priceless. This should go in one of the best posts threads somewhere.
I only want to ignore Tigerman
CHAON THE SAGE

Postby REPLICANT » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:31 am

CHAON THE SAGE wrote:

Government agencies everywhere are sometimes a pain. However, I have found Taiwanese agencies-- including the bureau of employment and vocational training-- to be far less painful to deal with than their counterparts in my home country. Usually, I have found foreigners who have problems fall into one of a few categories: they lack patience or language skills; or they are trying to work a fiddle.

You are not suggesting a free lance writer who wants to stay in Taiwan would use a ruse to get an ARC are you? Oh dear :shock: :shock:
REPLICANT

Postby THE USELESS SWEDE » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:25 am

REPLICANT wrote:
CHAON THE SAGE wrote:

You are not suggesting a free lance writer who wants to stay in Taiwan would use a ruse to get an ARC are you? Oh dear :shock: :shock:

You know what, <expletives deleted> <expletives deleted> <expletives deleted> <expletives deleted> <expletives deleted> <expletives deleted> <expletives deleted>
And FYI I'm not a freelance writer, but whatever, <expletives deleted> <expletives deleted> <expletives deleted> <expletives deleted> <expletives deleted> <expletives deleted>
www.thelostswede.com Go check out my blog
THE USELESS SWEDE

Postby REPLICANT » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:48 am

Jesus no need to get all excited now. On your own blog you wrote you are a freelance IT journalist and do freelance jobs and are now working in a job you don't like.

And all this time I thought you were running a rep office or some kind of business office?
REPLICANT

Previous

Return to LIVING ON MY ISLAND