PERCENTAGE OF TEACHERS WITH FAKE DEGREES

PERCENTAGE OF TEACHERS WITH FAKE DEGREES

Postby BORDERSECURITY » Fri May 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Of course, it's impossible to know for sure. But I speculate that the number would be much higher than most would expect. I've just been meeting so many dolts lately. There is no way these people could be graduates of the prestigious schools from which they claim to have taken degrees. I think the Bangkok degree printing shops have been doing a roaring trade.
BORDERSECURITY

Re: PERCENTAGE OF TEACHERS WITH FAKE DEGREES

Postby tainancowboy » Fri May 10, 2013 8:01 pm

Oyyy...don't judge them all by virtue of a few chat forums.....
tainancowboy

Re: PERCENTAGE OF TEACHERS WITH FAKE DEGREES

Postby BORDERSECURITY » Wed May 15, 2013 6:24 pm

tainancowboy wrote:Oyyy...don't judge them all by virtue of a few chat forums.....

FYI, the observation comes from offline experiences, and not forums. My hypothesis is based on observed behaviours, as well the lack of basic skills and critical abilities, from people claiming to be educated. I just don't buy their claims sometimes. A lot of things are not as they appear in this place, and expat "degree holders" are sometimes no exception.

Actually, I think a lot of the old-school foreigners do not have degrees. Back when they orginally arrived, ARCs were new and no one had them. Everyone was doing visa runs, working "illegally," and degrees were unimportant. When things tightened up, these guys either got married or bought a fake degree.
BORDERSECURITY

Return to TEACHING ENGLISH IN TAIWAN