SHOULD I PAY MY TEACHERS VACATION ENTITLEMENTS?

SHOULD I PAY MY TEACHERS VACATION ENTITLEMENTS?

Postby FUNKYMONKEY » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:22 pm

THE LAW IN TAIWAN SAYS LANGUAGE SCHOOLS MUST PAY TEACHERS VACATION PAY. BUT WHY SHOULD I?

第 47 條 聘僱前條外國人之雇主,應具備下列條件之一:
一、學校、公立社會教育文化機構。
二、國際觀光旅館。
三、觀光遊樂業者。
四、演藝活動業者。
五、文教財團法人。
六、演藝團體、學術文化或藝術團體。
七、出版事業者。
八、電影事業者。
九、無線、有線或衛星廣播電視業者。
十、政府機關。
十一、各國駐華領使館、駐華外國機構、駐華國際組織。
前項雇主聘僱外國人從事藝術及演藝工作,其工作場所以下列各款為限:
一、學校、社會教育文化機構、公園、體育場 (館) 、展覽場 (館) 或其他類似場所。

RedRedWinw It's very clear that foreign language schools are covered under this act.

Also, why are they making amendments to The Act that specifically concern foreign language teachers if they are not covered?

By the way, you conveniently forgot to respond to the question about the lawyers who have properly researched the matter and agree that these schools are covered. You can keep ignoring evidence against your position and dodging questions but by now it's obvious that you are being deliberately obtuse and trying to spread misinformation to further your own agenda.

Well I'll be damned. Cram schools ARE considered "cultural institutions". I'm big enough to admit that I was wrong. I apologize. Thanks for clearing this up.

I am a man of my word, so last night I called a teacher meeting after school. I told the teachers that they are entitled to vacation pay and they were all . I then told them that if they wanted paid vacations I would need to lower their wages and they were all . In the end, no one chose to receive paid vacations. And the world keeps spinning as usual...

As a side note, I am getting tired of the jackasses at the CLA for constantly providing incorrect information. I assure you that I have never tried to spread incorrect information here. As an owner, I simply, and probably naively, followed and believed what the government agencies told me. I'm sure that many schools are in the same boat. I don't think the CLA have given me a correct answer yet.
FUNKYMONKEY

Re: SHOULD I PAY MY TEACHERS VACATION ENTITLEMENTS?

Postby JIMIPRESLEY » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:24 pm

FUNKYMONKEY wrote:I am a man of my word, so last night I called a teacher meeting after school. I told the teachers that they are entitled to vacation pay and they were all . I then told them that if they wanted paid vacations I would need to lower their wages and they were all . In the end, no one chose to receive paid vacations. And the world keeps spinning as usual..

So you're intent on perpetuating the hackneyed cliche that all buxiban owners are, in fact, a bunch of complete and utter assholes. Well played, Sir!
I have given up on Divea as a human. I don't allow myself to think about her. It hurts too much to imagine people like her are real. My real name is Marc Feltham
JIMIPRESLEY

Postby FUNKYMONKEY » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:24 pm

JIMIPRESLEY wrote:
FUNKYMONKEY wrote:I am a man of my word, so last night I called a teacher meeting after school. I told the teachers that they are entitled to vacation pay and they were all . I then told them that if they wanted paid vacations I would need to lower their wages and they were all . In the end, no one chose to receive paid vacations. And the world keeps spinning as usual..

So you're intent on perpetuating the hackneyed cliche that all buxiban owners are, in fact, a bunch of complete and utter assholes. Well played, Sir!

That was completely uncalled for. The lowest paid teacher at my school makes $850/hr. The highest paid teacher makes $1000/hr. I offered them $20 less per hour if they wanted paid vacations. To summarize, that's $830-980/hr plus paid vacations. Yeah, I really must be a complete and utter asshole. Go back to drinking your booze and playing with your sticky balls...
FUNKYMONKEY

Postby JIMIPRESLEY » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:25 pm

FUNKYMONKEY wrote:
JIMIPRESLEY wrote:

That was completely uncalled for. The lowest paid teacher at my school makes $850/hr. The highest paid teacher makes $1000/hr. I offered them $20 less per hour if they wanted paid vacations. To summarize, that's $830-980/hr plus paid vacations. Yeah, I really must be a complete and utter asshole. Go back to drinking your booze and playing with your sticky balls...

Congratulations! So you pay your teachers a living wage. Well done!

Now you want to pay them less of their stipend if they take a paid vacation? Can you not see what a barbaric labor practice that is?

What you pay your teachers is irrelevant. You pay 1k per hour? Expect 1k per hour's worth of REAL work. Wanna cheat them out of their legal rights? You're no better than Mr Wang down at the local Hess branch.
I have given up on Divea as a human. I don't allow myself to think about her. It hurts too much to imagine people like her are real. My real name is Marc Feltham
JIMIPRESLEY

Postby FUNKYMONKEY » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:26 pm

JIMIPRESLEY wrote:Congratulations! So you pay your teachers a living wage. Well done!

Now you want to pay them less of their stipend if they take a paid vacation? Can you not see what a barbaric labor practice that is?

What you pay your teachers is irrelevant. You pay 1k per hour? Expect 1k per hour's worth of REAL work. Wanna cheat them out of their legal rights? You're no better than Mr Wang down at the local Hess branch.

Comparing myself or my school to Hess is just plain ignorant. I take great personal pride in my school and my teachers. They are both treated extremely well and your constant cheap shots are out of line. It says more about you than it does about me if you can't see that.

You seem to think that money grows on trees. Maybe you are happy making $500/hr teaching illegal kindy classes and your school is raking in the cash. Who knows? The money just isn't there any more like it used to be. Even though I probably pay one of the highest wages in the city, I still wish I could give the teachers more, but that just isn't possible. However, I feel that I provide a much better place to work than almost any other. Please show me how they are being cheated out of their legal rights. If they want paid vacations, I am fully prepared to give it to them. Can you say that about your school? I didn't think so...
FUNKYMONKEY

Postby BLACKCRUSADER » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:28 pm

FUNKYMONKEY wrote:
JIMIPRESLEY wrote:Congratulations! So you pay your teachers a living wage. Well done!

Comparing myself or my school to Hess is just plain ignorant. I take great personal pride in my school and my teachers. They are both treated extremely well and your constant cheap shots are out of line. It says more about you than it does about me if you can't see that.

You seem to think that money grows on trees. Maybe you are happy making $500/hr teaching illegal kindy classes and your school is raking in the cash. Who knows? The money just isn't there any more like it used to be. Even though I probably pay one of the highest wages in the city, I still wish I could give the teachers more, but that just isn't possible. However, I feel that I provide a much better place to work than almost any other. Please show me how they are being cheated out of their legal rights. If they want paid vacations, I am fully prepared to give it to them. Can you say that about your school? I didn't think so...

It doesn't matter if you think of yourself so highly. Your teachers do have have the right to opt out of paid vacations anymore than they can opt of of the National Health Insurance contributions. You as an employer have no right to not pay your teachers paid vacations.
If Evolution Works, Why So Many Idiots?
BLACKCRUSADER
Site Admin

Postby REPLICANT » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:12 pm

FUNKYMONKEY wrote:As a side note, I am getting tired of the jackasses at the CLA for constantly providing incorrect information. I assure you that I have never tried to spread incorrect information here. As an owner, I simply, and probably naively, followed and believed what the government agencies told me. I'm sure that many schools are in the same boat. I don't think the CLA have given me a correct answer yet.

You can keep ignoring evidence against your position and dodging questions but by now it's obvious that you are being deliberately obtuse and trying to spread misinformation to further your own agenda.
Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave!
REPLICANT

Postby HEADHONCHO11 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:13 pm

FUNKYMONKEY wrote:
JIMIPRESLEY wrote:

Well it's a start, I see your balls have been well and truly crushed already FM
HEADHONCHO11

Postby FUNKYMONKEY » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:18 pm

HEADHONCHO11 wrote:Well it's a start, I see your balls have been well and truly crushed already FM

You're right. My main goal in life is to find ways to fuck my employees over. You and jimipresley have shown me the error of my ways. I'm just such a greedy bastard! I can't believe I was worried about staying in business. I should definitely increase their paltry wages and next year's hongbaos should be doubled to at least $140,000 each. Maybe even a free BMW. That will show my teachers that I appreciate them and I am not such a complete and utter asshole.

Wait. I just had a flash of brilliance! From now on, I will only hire South Africans at $550/hr. (with full vacation pay of course.). That's obviously best for every one. Then, I will simply not renew their contracts after their first year. I can't forget to screw them on their taxes and pocket the money. They will never know because they are newbies! Ha, ha, ha. WOW!! I just realized that I would never need to provide vacation pay EVER!!!! After that, I can hold my head up high and give myself a pat on the back because I would clearly be the best laoban ever. I must also remember to revoke the two month vacation that one of my teachers is planning next month. By law, I am only required to give him fourteen days. Lord knows I want to follow the law to the letter. I'm sure he will understand. It's clearly best for every one.

Hopefully, you and jimipresley will then respect me because I really look up to him. He's not just a role model. He's almost like a father figure to me. Hey, what's not to admire? To be perfectly honest, my one true wish is to be a middle-aged man, with an obvious substance abuse problem, working at an illegal kindergarten for peanuts. I can't believe that I didn't ask for his sage advice sooner. Maybe I should send him a private message right now. I'm sure the haze has cleared from last night's binge.

Thank you for your wonderful words of encouragement. taiwanmosa.com wouldn't be complete without both of you and the kindness you show to others. It truly warms the heart.

Oh yes, please delete my account at forumease.com. Thank you.
FUNKYMONKEY

Postby big duke 6 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:22 pm

In funky monkeys defence, I would say he offers a much higher than average salary. I would not call that barbaric at all. How many offer in excess of 800 nt an hour? I am lucky in that one of the schools I work at pays me similar, although they do not offer many hours. However, I even get paid if there is a national holiday.

There are precious few out there that treat their staff more than inflatable sex toys. I have no reason not to believe what funky monkey says, so I think it is better to save all abuse for the ones that pay 500 an hour.

Edit: I did forget to mention that JP does consider being treated as a sex toy as a taxable benefit. He will even take it in lieu of health insurance if anyone is interested. He comes with his own butt plug and gimp ball.
big duke 6

Next

Return to TEACHING ENGLISH IN TAIWAN