Where's the Compassion for a Remorseless Killer?

Where's the Compassion for a Remorseless Killer?

Postby smurfette » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:07 pm

So, in contemplating the case of the unrepentant drunk driving killer who fled the country leaving his friends to face jail, something always comes to mind: Where's the compassion? I mean, doesn't anyone care about a heartless individual who left a man to die on the side of the road, then denied everything, tried to pin his crimes on innocent people and then fled leaving his friend in jail? I mean, who among us doesn't make mistakes? I mean, I parked illegally once, even drove 110km/h in a 100km/h zone. I've been late returning my library books, too. Same thing, right? So, where's the compassion for the remorseless killer? Forget the victim. He's dead. The family? Well, they'll get over it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
smurfette

Re: Where's the Compassion for a Remorseless Killer?

Postby JIMIPRESLEY » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:24 pm

Again, whatever. Chap (who, if the assessment of reputable forumosans is to be believed) made a mistake, or didn't. Who can stand amongst us and proclaim from their holier-than-thou perch that they have never done something silly, on impulse, that may have left them or others scarred for life? Sorry, but this vulture mentality sickens me.

OK, there is a family that is mourning a death.

There is also a man whose life has been well and truly ruined by something he did do.

Even if he's guilty, where's the damn compassion?

You don't think he's suffering? Just want to castrate and lynch him? I despair for humanity sometimes.
I have given up on Divea as a human. I don't allow myself to think about her. It hurts too much to imagine people like her are real. My real name is Marc Feltham
JIMIPRESLEY

Postby TROLL_UNDER_BRIDGE » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:50 pm

Where's the damn compassion for the dead man and his family?

There is a man who's life was well and truly snuffed out by something Dean did.
TROLL_UNDER_BRIDGE

Postby THE GINGER MINGE » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:04 pm

Toasty wrote:
RobinTaiwan wrote:We know he was in the vehicle that collided with another vehicle. We know he didn't stay or try to help the victim after the accident. We know that the other driver lost his life. As omni mentioned, being too drunk to know better is not an admissible defense. We also know that he tried to dispose of evidence relevant to a criminal investigation once he was sober.

That is a lot more than nothing.

Thank you to Omni and Robin for lending sober, impartial contributions to this thread. I suspected, and was correct, that there was a concerted effort by friends of the accused to stifle and deflect the much deserved criticism and condemnation of these acts and to sway the tone of this thread. This person committed any number of several despicable acts. There is more than enough proof of that, even given the nature of the local press. He rightly deserves criticism, shame and condemnation, even if he is guilty of only the most minor of these acts. My thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim, not with the friends of the accused. Say what you want about me. I really could care less.

Flame on guys.

What a load of self-serving sanctimonious tripe! What is it about these nefarious threads about the acts of a foreigner that bring about such universal hyperbolic condemnation? It's hardly the case with acts of local Taiwanese that they get streched out to such blathering length and to such depths of opprobrium.....
:sick:
But then i guess some folks will always be sucking sponges of gossip style one-upmanship tabloidism, and seemingly enjoy being part of the mob mentality, baying for blood under the hanging tree. No sense of even trying for some semblance of objectivity, as it offers not as much chance of puerile prattle. For some folks who would seemingly know better.
THE GINGER MINGE

Postby JIMIPRESLEY » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:19 am

TROLL_UNDER_BRIDGE wrote:Where's the damn compassion for the dead man and his family?

There is a man who's life was well and truly snuffed out by something Dean did.

And stop with the pitiful, plaintive warbling about "the dead man". There are "dead men" all over the world, in their fucking MILLIONS, every day. What makes this "dead man" so special? That he was SUPPOSEDLY, SPECULATIVELY, hit by a drunk ADOGHA in Taiwan? Fucking forumosaappledaily.
I have given up on Divea as a human. I don't allow myself to think about her. It hurts too much to imagine people like her are real. My real name is Marc Feltham
JIMIPRESLEY

Return to ALLEGED CRIMINALS & REAL ONES TOO