DODGY FOREIGNERS

Re: DODGY FOREIGNERS

Postby tainancowboy » Sat May 11, 2013 9:56 am

super danger mouse hans wrote:Yup he used to go to Taipei Sports BAr a lot and tell all his stories how he would be working with customs agents to bust consignments of drug shipments and how he had shoot outs with drug gangs at the shipping ports.

No mention of cracking down on Taiwanese employers who hire foreign workers on this site? I personally can't wait for this crackdown. The Taiwanese government should be well within its rights to deport anyone who works illegally here. Blackcrusader will be the first to be deported with his fake ID an all.

Because that means that Taiwan will have to eventually respect its own laws. It means employers will have to provide foreign workers with the amount of hours promised on their contract. It also means that the thousands of illegal street stands will be made to procure licenses. The Filipino and Thai prostitutes up at Longshan temple, who the police turn a blind eye towards, will be deported and the pimps thrown in jail. The factories which employ south east Asian workers illegally where their visas have run out ( I know personally about 15 of these workers, and they have been working illegally for years) will be shut down while investigations are conducted and their Taiwanese management tried or fined.
It also means that foreigners will be treated the same as each other. I find it sickening to walk into an immigration office to see a line of south east Asian workers waiting to have their iris scanned and to be fingerprinted, while the supposedly superior western workers need not go through this level humiliation and ridicule. Either do it for everybody, or don't do it at all. This is a perfect display of how racist Taiwan actually is.

In fact, I can't wait to watch the whole system of Taiwanese industry crumble and fall to its knees.

The very reason Taiwan exists in the form that it does today is because the whole system of Taiwanese industry relies on lack of enforcement of labor laws and tax collection. The system enables and encourages people to work illegally, and fortunately. it works. Without respect for their own labor laws, it is unlikely that foreigners who find themselves in the labor market are going to respect laws that employers and native colleagues don't respect themselves.

It's the same with buxibans. The whole industry could not survive if every teacher had to be legal. Many teachers earn more from moonlighting than they do from their ARC job, and Taiwan would not necessarily be an attractive place to come and work if this were not the case. Even a couple of real white collar foreigners I know in Taiwan here have a small teaching gig. Buxibans, the MOE and the police are connected. The whole country runs on GuanXi. There will be the odd example made here and there of towel-less foreigners, but it will be business as usual, because hiring people illegally is big business and the Taiwanese government knows it.

And finally, let's not forget to remind ourselves that the rule of law here is derived from a bunch of losers who ran away from China and who were essentially immigrants themselves, and that half of the population is, or are descended from them. They were foreigners forcefully imposing themselves on the local culture with the use of terror and violence which lasted for nearly 50 years.
Jolly good rant and damned accurate also.

I would add that the 'foreigner' invasion has its roots much farther back time than a mere '50 years.'

Dodgy dirt-balls from the Middle Kingdom have been using the island, and its indigenous peoples, as their R & R outpost for 500 + years. And that's not counting the Euro-trash round-eyes who kept getting kicked off the island.
tainancowboy

Postby MAOMAN » Mon May 13, 2013 1:51 pm

Now we have Tom the American who tried to ram a police office until he got a gun pointed at his head.

Typical of the arrogance some westerners have in Taiwan. Most of the expats I know still don't have a licence to ride or drive in Taiwan.

In fact one of flob's moderators who loved to write shit about Taiwanese driving was in a DUI accident and had no licence. He went through a red light DUI and the other person didn't get out of the way in time.

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/nati ... US-man.htm
By the way, my real name is Tony. Next time you see me call me by that name.

You can also just PM me or call me at 0935-560-995.

Anthony Van Dyck
I stand behind my words because they're mine
MAOMAN
Site Admin

Postby THE HULK » Mon May 20, 2013 5:23 pm

BLACKCRUSADER wrote:
forumosa 07 Jan 2004, 16:54

Without making generalizations, then it seems that the floatsam, which can't hold down a teaching job in a place like say Taipei, will end up in a "rural idyll" like Zhongli, which for some odd reason has a erm "special" foreign community. I have never seen so many misfits, drug users, alcoholics etc. anywhere else in Taiwan. Many of the foreigners here have a "problem", be it depressions, drugs, inability to wake up before 5 pm, or basically people who have overstayed for decades. In other words, I harbour nothing but pity for the poor souls whose first stay abroad after living a sheltered life in Manchester, Rochester, Toronto or another western city end up in Zhongli.

If I were a newbie, I would spend at least a year in Taipei before moving on to somewhere else on this island. You will spend at least some of your free time with other foreigners, and in a big place it'll be easier for you to find people who share your interests (Unless your interests consist of smoking dope, drinking your brains out and screwing bar girls, while complaining about the locals).

While I do love living here, I try not to mix into the local expat community, unless they are living on the hill, as people there tend to be marginally more normal.

I wonder if much has really changed in the last 9 years

I live there and trust me, not a whole lot. Go to the local expat watering hole known as "River" and take a look - OMG.
Ich bin ein dummkopf.

Popping flies since 1928

You only take revenge on people when you are 100% sure of success.
THE HULK

Re: DODGEY FOREIGNERS

Postby CHAON THE SAGE » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:12 am

GritRomney wrote:
CHAON THE SAGE wrote: guy's ears

Apostrophe misuse, motherfucker. Consider yourself schooled. Cajun style.

And now for a slap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKRhxvmtass

Wasn't my damn fault, mister. I'm just responding to some dumb-ass drivel.
I only want to ignore Tigerman
CHAON THE SAGE

Postby super danger mouse hans » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:24 pm

fenlander wrote:Nice bike. He should have stuck to bikes and forgot about the women.
He claimed to be ex British police? Is that right? Well now that is it! Taiwan if full of British criminals as is the British police force full of British criminals.

Yes I claimed to be a copper so what? I tricked you all. Me and Zain Dean are best con men too bad we both got caught. Too bad John didn't make it.

The Taiwanese government should be well within its rights to deport anyone who works illegally here.
super danger mouse hans

Postby BLACKCRUSADER » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:58 pm

Bubba2dumb will be OK.
If Evolution Works, Why So Many Idiots?
BLACKCRUSADER
Site Admin

Postby tainancowboy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:21 pm

Recently the ugly specter of a 'renegade' foreigner running afoul of the law has sparked a lot of discussion. Along with the main fol de ra of his actions arose the not uncommon background attributed to the person - "former CIA/MI6 (MI5 works only domestically)/STASI/SPETNAZ/MOSSAD/ funky monkey spy school graduate, etc., et al".

This kind of cloak & dagger (lol) background, faintly hinted at or alluded to during moments of intimate comradery, is actually a not uncommon phenomena among expats, ne'er do wells and those running from only they know what around the world.

I have met quite a few rather dodgy, and some not so dodgy, characters in my travels that have this nefarious, but slightly sexy/cool background either given to them by the gullible or actively promoted by the person themselves during lengthy chats at the bar.

Funny thing, having known a fair number of actual members of a few of these groups, it makes it all the more entertaining (not believable) to listen to some of their indistinct and, of course, "off the record" stories of their daring deeds in service to the Great Game. Most, those who used totally incorrect background support for their stories, were 'outed' quite quickly. Some had the patter almost right - through vague details and surreptitious innuendo - were somewhat fun to listen to and maybe buy a drink or two. But in the end all would fail the "sniff test" by something they either did, claimed to do or a glaring detail that would pop-up to spoil their gambit. And gambit is what it almost always was. They played it for a reason - either financial gain, ego gain or to impress the females. (This attribute is almost entirely a male thing - I have never met nor heard of a woman playing this)

This post was inspired by a recent article I came across at takimag.com. Some might be familiar with the name...Taki Theodoracopulos is an old schoolbon vivant who has entertained readers for quite a few decades in some of the best magazines extant. His internet site continues on - its a fun place for those so inclined and of a certain depth.

The article:

Drunks Gone Wild
(excerpt)

"In the Soviet Union, spies and informers were everywhere and the only assurance that a new found acquaintance was not a KGB agent was to split a bottle of vodka. It was assumed that nobody could totally lie when drunk, and drinking from the same bottle avoided one party faking it. This is not to say that every utterance was absolutely true; rather, the vodka loosened inhibitions and thus served as a cheap and convenient truth serum.

I propose a reality TV program called Drunks Gone Wild where inebriated guests discuss the day’s news with a special emphasis on “controversial” subjects. Think Fox News Channel’s The Five or CNN’s newly refurbished Crossfire, but with lots of alcohol. The program will open with participants fairly well sloshed and on their way to being totally bombed. A macho drinking culture will prevail with participants egging on each other to “have one more.”

Drunks Gone Wild will be a marketing bonanza for the booze industry by either sponsoring the show outright or paying placement fees when a guest requests his or her favorite brand (hangover cures may also want to advertise). To be sure, on-air boozing may violate FCC rules, but this can easily be overcome by switching to cable or pay-per-view where content rules are more generous. This would also permit cursing, swearing, and, most importantly, derogatory ethnic stereotypes and raucous racial/ethnic jokes."
----

"No taboo will survive these “discussions,” and I guarantee sky-high ratings plus millions in advertising revenue. Even true PC believers will come clean after the third 5-to-1 Bombay Martini. But more important than, say, Eric Holder’s vision of a truly honest conversation about race would be widespread opportunities for millions to have this conversation safely just by talking about Drunks Gone Wild episodes. Merely begin the conservation with “Of course I’m not a racist myself and have always supported civil rights, but did you see last night’s show where a bunch of bombed Chicago cops recounted the daily sexual peccadillos of teenagers in the housing projects? And a slobbering drunk in the audience told about a 10-year-old girl already turning tricks!” Such episodes will find their way to YouTube, and many of the panelists will become heroes for their honesty. At a minimum, Drunks Gone Wild will be a great national catharsis."

The first part, I know to be true. Referring, of course, to the vodka for truth thing. The suggestion for the TV program...well...that is all in speculation.

Maybe needs motorscooter chases and inebriated martial artists running amuck.

Cheers!
tainancowboy

Postby BLACKCRUSADER » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:03 pm

HEADHONCHO11 wrote:Taiwan attracts the dreamers and adventurers and romantics and misfits, and the broke asses and yellow fever patients

Up so true

If Evolution Works, Why So Many Idiots?
BLACKCRUSADER
Site Admin

Postby THE HULK » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:24 pm

Good riddance, anyone we know?
Ich bin ein dummkopf.

Popping flies since 1928

You only take revenge on people when you are 100% sure of success.
THE HULK

Postby REPLICANT » Sat May 03, 2014 11:23 am

THE HULK wrote:Good riddance, anyone we know?

I always assume they are friends of Maoman.

Here's another

http://news.tvbs.com.tw/entry/529963
Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave!
REPLICANT

PreviousNext

Return to ALLEGED CRIMINALS & REAL ONES TOO