MOST EXPATS ARE DRUG USERS

Re: MOST EXPATS ARE DRUG USERS

Postby JIMIPRESLEY » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:42 pm

Good to see the cops putting so much effort into something as productive as this, instead of wasting taxpayers' money on such useless pursuits as clamping down on rape, murder, theft, corruption, graft, animal abuse and fraud.

Sending 600 cops out to bust a couple of kids doing ketamine in a nightclub is a ridiculous waste of time and money that could be used more productively elsewhere.
Drug laws are, however, draconian and antiquated, and have zero effect on reducing drug use.

If heroin was available in liquor stores, and at a price relative to it's low cost to produce, it would wreak less harm on the community than liquor does. It makes you calm and sedated. You only get psycho if you need a hit and can't get one. It's indicative of the Taiwanese mentality that crap drugs like Ketamine and Exctacy are so popular.
The visible recreational drugs are MDMA, Ketamine, crystal meth and cannabis. One can frequently encounter someone using these at clubs and socially. It's unlikely, however, that you will stumble upon someone spiking a hit of smack in the toilets of Luxy. Heroin addicts tend to keep underground and out of sight. I suppose that the liberalising attitude towards heroin treatment has a lot to do with the escalating HIV problem in Taiwan.

Of my flob friends 6 have tried heroin and 7 have tried crack! Forumosans are less boring than I previously imagined!

This is what Tony and I think about drug busts.

I have given up on Divea as a human. I don't allow myself to think about her. It hurts too much to imagine people like her are real. My real name is Marc Feltham
JIMIPRESLEY

Postby SPAM » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:57 pm

It's been said this site is like running a tea strainer through a dirty toilet bowl-- all the turds get concentrated in one place. It makes one think twice before replying to things posted here, lest one end up talking to turds. Oh well, call Mr Hanky, because here goes...

JIMIPRESLEY wrote:Good to see the cops putting so much effort into something as productive as this, instead of wasting taxpayers' money on such useless pursuits as clamping down on rape, murder, theft, corruption, graft, animal abuse and fraud.

I love how drug enforcement is characterized as unproductive and, further, how it's made to appear that law enforcement only have two choices: fight all other serious crimes or focus on drug crimes whilst neglecting everything else, as if they are mutually exclusive choices. Actually, the odd high-profile bust shows police are capable of fighting other crimes AND once in while showing they can still enforce the drug laws, which by the way, are supported by the majority of the population in Taiwan. Let's see how drug crimes look in your list of crimes:

JIMIPRESLEY wrote:...clamping down on rape, murder, theft, trafficking in illegal narcotics, corruption, graft, animal abuse and fraud.

Seems to fit right in.

JIMIPRESLEY wrote:Sending 600 cops out to bust a couple of kids doing ketamine in a nightclub is a ridiculous waste of time and money that could be used more productively elsewhere.

How do we know it was "a couple?' Also, nightclubs do not admit kids, so why not describe them properly? Here, I'll fix it for you:

bust a bunch of adults consuming and selling banned substances who are aware of legalities of what they are doing...

Much better, but it does seem to deflate your rhetoric a tad.

And as for the "ridiculous waste of time and money that could be used more productively elsewhere," why not just admit that you either are or were previously a recreational drug user, are pro drug legalization across the board and, as such, would oppose any enforcement of drug laws out of pure self interest. It would be more honest of you if you just said no drug laws should be enforced, ever. Oh, wait:

JIMIPRESLEY wrote:Drug laws are, however, draconian and antiquated, and have zero effect on reducing drug use.

You did already. But hey, decriminalizing hard drugs would be taking things a bit far, right? Oops:

JIMIPRESLEY wrote:If heroin was available in liquor stores, and at a price relative to it's low cost to produce, it would wreak less harm on the community than liquor does. It makes you calm and sedated.

Cannabis I could see, but heroin?

JIMIPRESLEY wrote: You only get psycho if you need a hit and can't get one.

Oh, that's reassuring. Addicts aren't at all "calm and sedated" when they need their junk and can't get any. We need more "psycho" junkies in search of their next hit roaming the streets. Great idea. Would improve public safety loads.

JIMIPRESLEY wrote:Of my flob friends 6 have tried heroin and 7 have tried crack!

That confirms what I've suspected for a while and explains a lot, actually.

I suppose it would be stating the obvious to say that discussions of drug legalization after a bust are moot.

Drugs are not tolerated in Taiwan and offences tend to be punished harshly. That's reality. I'm sure all of us saw the old "death penalty for drug offences" signs in the airport when first came here. Choosing to come here means either abiding by the law or accepting the consequences if you choose to ignore it. Taiwanese support the enforcement of drug offences. If you dream of heroin in drug stores, you're in the wrong place.
SPAM

Postby serial killer on parole » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:12 am

This one caught growing only got 4 years. Very lucky.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ ... 2003597544

Mark Alan Cartwright, during the trial, Cartwright defended himself by saying that selling and using marijuana are allowed in some other countries and areas, and that the marijuana he produced was used only for medical purposes and was not sold on the black market.

Bhahahahahah yeah right.
Being banned from this forum would be like being told I couldn't play in the toilet anymore
serial killer on parole

Postby chewycorns » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:24 am

http://www.zonize.com/event/363055/hous ... n-lin-bash

From my understanding, he'd been having these sort of parties for quite a while. Also heard he'd been in Taiwan for 10 years on a Visitors Visa.
chewycorns

Postby serial killer on parole » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:27 am

Another one bites the dust.

http://focustaiwan.tw/news/asoc/201411060012.aspx

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/loca ... an-man.htm

JIMIPRESLEY wrote:If heroin was available in liquor stores, and at a price relative to it's low cost to produce, it would wreak less harm on the community than liquor does. It makes you calm and sedated.

I'm sure will miss meeting up with this mule then. I think he got a good deal. Free room and board, no utility bills to pay, and a lifetime membership to the local story tellers jailhouse club.
Being banned from this forum would be like being told I couldn't play in the toilet anymore
serial killer on parole

Postby serial killer on parole » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:21 pm

When will they ever learn. Lucky they didn't go to Indonesia where for sure they would get the death penalty.

http://etaiwannews.com/etn/news_content ... 4&lang=eng
serial killer on parole

Postby REPLICANT » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:20 am

JIMIPRESLEY wrote:Of my flob friends 6 have tried heroin and 7 have tried crack! Forumosans are less boring than I previously imagined!

This is what Tony and I think about drug busts.

Drug Busts, Say it ain't so Marc.

http://www.taiwantake.com/#!American-de ... 495e25a86b

https://tw.news.yahoo.com/%E9%9B%BB%E8% ... 56429.html
Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave!
REPLICANT

Postby serial killer on parole » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:40 pm

Hey Tony and Jimi

Are you going to raise a new facebook group and raise money for this guy as well. We know that's your thing.

http://www.appledaily.com.tw/animation/ ... /36500772/
serial killer on parole

Postby JIMIPRESLEY » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:54 pm

No need to raise funds for this one he offed himself in true honour.

No need to raise funds for this one he offed himself in true honour.

poppy seized 10 live plants, live marijuana plants 216, dried marijuana 195, 1462.4 grams of semi-finished and finished products 7469.8 grams, 1 batch manufacturing tools.
Mr Lee to the police argued that he was growing marijuana for their own just to smoke, not to sell them.

Love the pictures, definitely safe for some work areas, like prisons.

http://focustaiwan.tw/news/asoc/201606160007.aspx

http://www.appledaily.com.tw/realtimene ... 16/887096/
I have given up on Divea as a human. I don't allow myself to think about her. It hurts too much to imagine people like her are real. My real name is Marc Feltham
JIMIPRESLEY

Postby serial killer on parole » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:37 pm

Only a short sentence really.

【裁判字號】 105,聲,605
【裁判日期】 1050519
【裁判案由】 聲請裁定沒收違禁物
【裁判全文】
臺灣彰化地方法院刑事裁定       105年度聲字第605號
聲 請 人 臺灣彰化地方法院檢察署檢察官
被   告 MARHANKA TYREL MARTIN(中文名:李瑪翰)
上列聲請人因被告違反毒品危害防制條例案件,聲請單獨宣告沒
收(105年度聲沒字第44號),本院裁定如下:
主 文
扣案之大麻種子柒拾伍包(合計淨重陸拾柒點伍公克)均沒收。
理 由
一、聲請意旨略以:被告MARHANKA TYREL MARTIN(中文名: 李
瑪翰)前因違反毒品危害防制條例案件,經臺灣彰化地方法
院檢察署檢察官以104年度毒偵字第9410號為不起訴處分確
定。惟扣案之大麻種子75包(合計淨重67.5公克),經鑑驗
結果含有第二級毒品大麻成分,依毒品危害防制條例第14條
第4項規定,不得持有,屬違禁物,應依刑法第40條第2項、
第38條第1項第1款、第2項規定,宣告沒收等語。
二、按違禁物不問屬於犯罪行為人與否,得單獨宣告沒收,刑法
第38條第1項第1款、第2項、第40條第2項分別定有明文。
三、經查,扣案之種子75包,經送法務部調查局鑑定,由該局隨
機抽樣6包中之36顆進行發芽試驗,發現其中30顆具有發芽
能力且含第二級毒品大麻成分,驗餘種子75包合計淨重67.5
公克,此有法務部調查局104年6月10日調科壹字第00000000
000號鑑定書、104年9月21日調科壹字第00000000000號函在
卷可稽(見偵卷第12-13頁),堪認扣案之種子確係大麻種
子無訛。又依毒品危害防制條例第2條第2項第2款規定,第
二級毒品係指罌粟、古柯、大麻、安非他命、配西汀、潘他
唑新及其附表二所列之相類製品而言,並未包括大麻種子,
故大麻種子非屬第二級毒品,惟依毒品危害防制條例第14條
第4項之規定,大麻子種係依法不得持有之違禁物,自應依
刑法第38條第1項第1款及第40條第2項之規定,就上開驗餘
之大麻種子75包(合計淨重67.5公克)諭知沒收。至於供鑑
驗用之大麻種子既已用罄而滅失,自無庸予以宣告沒收,併
予敘明。
四、依刑法第40條第2項、第38條第1項第1款、第2項,裁定如主
文。
中 華 民 國 105 年 5 月 19 日
刑事第三庭 法 官 張佳燉
以上正本證明與原本無異。
如不服本裁定,應於裁定送達後5 日內,向本院提出抗告狀(須
附繕本)。
中 華 民 國 105 年 5 月 19 日
書記官 彭蜀方
serial killer on parole

PreviousNext

Return to ALLEGED CRIMINALS & REAL ONES TOO