Prison in Taiwan- computer and internet access

Prison in Taiwan- computer and internet access

Postby PGDADDY » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:23 am

Thinking of returning to Taiwan to be close to my boys. Have got different answers from different lawyers, but conclude that I need to prepare for the possibility of going to prison, even if it is just awaiting trial and for some reason they won't accept bail. That could be for months. I won't know until I arrive in Taiwan.

If I am not allowed to take my laptop and have internet access in prison, I will lose my business and livelihood, my clients are just going to go elsewhere. What is the policy in TW prisons on personal computer equipment ? And internet access ? I guess I could always get a Wifi dongle even if the prison didn't have it's own Wifi system ?

And apart from that, anything else I need to know ? Like am I going to need a good supply of vaseline if I become some gangster's foreign bitch ?

Excuse me if these questions sound dumb, but having never been in the slammer before, and not knowing anyone that has- I just have no idea .......

Two boys, two different mothers, one will very likely want our son not to be able to spend significant time with me, the other is doubtful at the moment but situation may improve. Visits outside Taiwan are possible in the future but not soon, I would think. Being able to return to Taiwan would just make life so much easier for all of us. Both my ex wives got sole custody, one from a British court as well
PGDADDY

Re: Prison in Taiwan- computer and internet access

Postby NORTHCOAST SURFER » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:29 am

Boy oh boy! What a thread topic and question!

Quick answer: No. No, Wify. No Internet access. No, notebook computer. NO!

Want to prepare yourself for prison in Taiwan? read this thread of how a guy and his wife got jail time for drugs in Taiwan.

http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi ... 21&t=88012
NORTHCOAST SURFER

Postby BORDERSECURITY » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:15 am

And apart from that, anything else I need to know ?

Well, judging from your avatar, an AR-15, some ammo clips and a Joker character costume would be seem to be in order.
BORDERSECURITY

Postby PGDADDY » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:43 pm

Tried everything, unfortunately Mom 1 is not ready yet to make total peace and drop the charges. Have offered to increase the maintenance allowance or even a lump sum agreement but she is not interested. Mom 2 would like me to return to Taiwan, she would sure appreciate some help looking after our son ....

NC Surfer, I read that guy's blog before, doesn't sound pleasant at all, didn't see where it said "no internet/ laptop" though, but I will assume that there isn't unless someone can prove otherwise ! I am definitely in a dodgy business: accountant, never trust 'em- almost as bad as lawyers
PGDADDY

Postby NORTHCOAST SURFER » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:45 pm

pgdaddy1 wrote:
Tried everything, unfortunately Mom 1 is not ready yet to make total peace and drop the charges. Have offered to increase the maintenance allowance or even a lump sum agreement but she is not interested.
How about putting it into terms that a Taiwanese can understand and appreciate. "Honey, I'm coming back to Taiwan. If you press charges against me, I'll be jailed, I'll lose my job, and after my prison sentence I'll be deported never to return to Taiwan. I'm alright with that, but you might not be because that would mean that there WON'T BE ANY MONEY EVER AGAIN! So, let's do what's right for our son and not press charges against me. I'll come back, be able to help you with a greater amount of financial stability. You only have two choices to consider. 1. - much better conditions with much, much more MONEY 2. - bad conditions, NO MONEY AT ALL EVER AGAIN!"

pgdaddy1 wrote:NC Surfer, I read that guy's blog before, doesn't sound pleasant at all

Pussy, whimpy jail time. You could do it standing on your head! It's no big deal!

pgdaddy1 wrote: didn't see where it said "no internet/ laptop" though, but I will assume that there isn't unless someone can prove otherwise!

No. None. Sorry. After all, it isn't a country club. You can have books, but unfortunately no notebook computers. I will be glad to bring you all kinds of books to comfort you while you are incarcerated.

pgdaddy1 wrote:I am definitely in a dodgy business: accountant, never trust 'em- almost as bad as lawyers

Alright pal, no books for you! :evil:
NORTHCOAST SURFER

Postby serial killer on parole » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:47 pm

Indeed. It's not like you're gonna be someone's girlfriend in there :lol:
Being banned from this forum would be like being told I couldn't play in the toilet anymore
serial killer on parole

Postby JIMIPRESLEY » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:48 pm

Taiwan prisons are no walk in the park. Don't be mistaken. The regimen is fierce and grinding. There may not be as much rape as in prisons in other countries, but it still happens.
I have given up on Divea as a human. I don't allow myself to think about her. It hurts too much to imagine people like her are real. My real name is Marc Feltham
JIMIPRESLEY

Postby THE GINGER MINGE » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:49 pm

Indeed. I wonder how much jail time certain posters have actually done themselves, or even come in contact with via proxy?
THE GINGER MINGE

Postby JIMIPRESLEY » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:51 pm

THE GINGER MINGE wrote:Indeed. I wonder how much jail time certain posters have actually done themselves, or even come in contact with via proxy?

I would ask Stew Glen Pop My Fly he seems to be very friendly with convicted drug dealers in prison here. Whats the guys name James Forand?
I have given up on Divea as a human. I don't allow myself to think about her. It hurts too much to imagine people like her are real. My real name is Marc Feltham
JIMIPRESLEY

Postby NORTHCOAST SURFER » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:51 pm

Nobody is saying he should volunteer to do jail time. I'm saying that if he absolutely needs to be with his kids, come back to Taiwan and damned be the consequences. If he has to do time, then do it like a man and put it behind him. But, he should first exhaust all avenues available to him to avoid doing time. This of course includes getting a Taiwanese lawyer, having proper counsel and finding out the worse case scenario that could befall him. Also, knowing that he won't be able to take his notebook computer, have WIFY access and conduct his business on the outside from the inside of Taiwan's prison system seems to be an important point to understand.

That's why I think a good course of action would be to illustrate to the ex-wife that if she insists on pressing charges for the email hack allegation, that she would end up worse off and ultimately their son would suffer based on her actions. It would be much more advantageous to all concerned for the ex-wife to bury the hatchet (not in his head) and take all the money she can get and let pgdaddy return to Taiwan. Now, if she's a psycho xiao-jie and she can' see the wisdom in dropping the charges, then there's not much he can do except come back to Taiwan, face the music and let the chips fall where they may.

I hope pgdaddy is able to come back to Taiwan and that his ex-wife follows the best course of action, drop the ridiculous charges.

It's been so long since I've seen a "happy ending story" in Taiwan and pgdaddy's could be the one to brighten my day!
NORTHCOAST SURFER

Next

Return to ALLEGED CRIMINALS & REAL ONES TOO