THE EXPAT BED AND BREAKFAST KILLER

Re: THE EXPAT BED AND BREAKFAST KILLER

Postby big duke 6 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:17 pm

JIMIPRESLEY wrote:
THE GINGER MINGE wrote:Ooh!
A FOREIGNER was involved!
So What?
This shit happens EVERY day, amongst the general populace, of every nation on Earth.

I truly wonder if other expat forums of other kulturs share this same morbid fascination with that of their own?

Yep. Creepy, isn't it? Let's have a sanctimonious circle-jerk over what cool FOREIGNERS we are!

I don't need a reason for a circle jerk. BTW, is it just me, or does it look like the newswoman in the video, is just wearing a bra under her jacket? Now that gives me a reason for a circle jerk.
big duke 6

Postby serial killer on parole » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:18 pm

It's rather reactionary to say we shouldn't care that a foreigner is involved in this. The story would have made the news anyway because *both* drivers were drunk, and that's the kind of 社會新聞 people really seem to enjoy. I understand the disgust at stories being reported just because a foreigner is involved, but A: the newscast video didn't dwell on his being American, and B: it's very likely someone on this forum knows the driver personally, so yes, it's relevant to the expat community. No need to be so wound up about it.
Being banned from this forum would be like being told I couldn't play in the toilet anymore
serial killer on parole

Postby HEADHONCHO11 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:18 pm

serial killer on parole wrote:It's rather reactionary to say we shouldn't care that a foreigner is involved in this. The story would have made the news anyway because *both* drivers were drunk, and that's the kind of 社會新聞 people really seem to enjoy. I understand the disgust at stories being reported just because a foreigner is involved, but A: the newscast video didn't dwell on his being American, and B: it's very likely someone on this forum knows the driver personally, so yes, it's relevant to the expat community. No need to be so wound up about it.

Well I don't like to use the word 'foreigner' in the headline either but at the time the nationality of the driver wasn't announced. We can change it to American if possible.
HEADHONCHO11

Postby REPLICANT » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:20 pm

Both being drunk adds a little morbid fascination to it.

It kind of reminds me of the Martin and Zimmerman case (Everything does nowadays). Two guys with more testosterone than common sense run into each other. The result is one dead, and one with serious problems.

bigduke6 wrote:
I don't need a reason for a circle jerk. BTW, is it just me, or does it look like the newswoman in the video, is just wearing a bra under her jacket? Now that gives me a reason for a circle jerk.
It's just you, bigduke6.

And as far as newsworthiness goes, please only report when a woman is NOT wearing a bra. That's news.

Back to you, Duke!
Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave!
REPLICANT

Postby PGDADDY » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:21 pm

You must have realized this in years gone by, before you entered the nth stage of cultural adaptation- but to remind you, the reason that foreigners in Taiwan make such a big deal of being foreign is that the locals have a habit of reminding us of our foreign-ness at every opportunity,
PGDADDY

Postby REPLICANT » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:24 pm

PGDADDY wrote:You must have realized this in years gone by, before you entered the nth stage of cultural adaptation- but to remind you, the reason that foreigners in Taiwan make such a big deal of being foreign is that the locals have a habit of reminding us of our foreign-ness at every opportunity,

Nope. Most locals don't give a too hoots about any expats living in Taiwan. A lot of them are poor white trash to begin with. Economic refugees.

It was you I remember schooling 5 year old kids about calling you a Foreigner in Taiwan. By the way you haven't posted anymore about getting internet access while you are in jail to run your business. Decided to move back to Taiwan and face prison like a man yet Mr Paul Greene ?
Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave!
REPLICANT

Postby MAOMAN » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:00 pm

HEADHONCHO11 wrote:B&B owner in Kending was involved in a drink driving incident resulting in death of a scooter rider.

I can't believe there are still people doing this even after much harsher laws were introduced. Mandatory jail time and hefty compensation is surely going to be required. Lives ruined.

Dead is dead.
By the way, my real name is Tony. Next time you see me call me by that name.

You can also just PM me or call me at 0935-560-995.

Anthony Van Dyck
I stand behind my words because they're mine
MAOMAN
Site Admin

Previous

Return to ALLEGED CRIMINALS & REAL ONES TOO