NEW ADMIN ON MORONOSA... MAOMAN

NEW ADMIN ON MORONOSA... MAOMAN

Postby MAOMAN » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:15 pm

Just to let you know I am a new admin on Moronosa.

Doxing an Internet troll can have pretty serious repercussions.

Maybe taking away the anonymity of these people won't completely solve the problem, but perhaps it'll slow things down, allowing would-be harassers to think twice. It likely won't stop the real psychopaths, those hell-bent on being creeps, but it'll probably encourage people who aren't 100 percent devoted to being gross to put the brakes on. Plus, there is so much power in peers telling peers: "Hey, what you're doing isn't cool, so knock it the fuck off." I'm guessing that's our most effective weapon in bully culture, the ability of everyone on the sidelines to say, "Shut it down, weirdo!" Threatening to expose their asses is the internet equivalent of a badge of shame, but perhaps worse; trite as it is, you can't take the internet off at the end of the day. Your name will always be out there, forever branded. Don't believe me? Just Google "Michael Brutsch."

I am so glad to be part of a site that takes on trolls. It doesn't have to be that way, though.

Would the community be better if all users were required to link their username with their real life identity?
By the way, my real name is Tony. Next time you see me call me by that name.

You can also just PM me or call me at 0935-560-995.

Anthony Van Dyck
I stand behind my words because they're mine
MAOMAN
Site Admin

Re: NEW ADMIN ON MORONOSA... MAOMAN

Postby serial killer on parole » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:43 pm

MAOMAN wrote:Would the community be better if all users were required to link their username with their real life identity?

Absolutely.
Being banned from this forum would be like being told I couldn't play in the toilet anymore
serial killer on parole

Return to OPEN FORUM