THE MOAMAN FILES

THE MOAMAN FILES

Postby ROBERT MUCHA MAN KELLY » Fri May 10, 2013 4:22 pm

A long time ago I was suspended on forumease. Didn't faze me. I lose my temper occasionally and can certainly take a slap on the wrist without complaint.

However, at the time of suspension I had some information in my PM box that I needed access to that morning. As most people know, and as the admin certainly knows, I make a living as a writer. So when I contacted Maoman I certainly expected that he would immediately give me 10 minutes to get back in to look at what I needed. Again, we are talking work here, the way I pay my bills and my living.

Maoman refused saying I needed to learn some manners. I wrote back several times making it clear I needed these files for work. After repeating himself twice, Maoman simply didn't respond anymore even to an email that basically said, you can't be serious and are denying me access to files I need for work?

I was livid. What an absolutely shabby way to treat someone who has been a member of the site as long as me, has helped promote it, has moderated it, has provided endless advise to newbies, and has always defended the integrity of the site and the basic rules that make it a decent place to post.

Later when I was calmer, I called Maoman. He pretended not to understand what I was angry about and explained why I had been suspended. I repeated that i didn't care about that but about his sabotaging my work. He repeated that I needed to learn some manners, and some nonsense about how please and thank you would be nice. I started to explain that it really didn't matter if I said please because this wasn't some fantasy online chat site where I am Muzha Man, but real life where I am Robert Kelly who needs to make a living.

He hung up on me. I don't mean our conversation ended. No, like a preening high school girl, he hung up. I called back several times but he wouldn't answer. Nor would he answer an email.

This is beyond ridiculous and as I said, absolutely shabby behavior. But that's the admin of this site. Arrogant and unaccountable and unable to distinguish between reality and fantasy anymore it would seem.
ROBERT MUCHA MAN KELLY

Re: THE MOAMAN FILES

Postby MAOMAN » Fri May 10, 2013 4:23 pm

You were suspended for telling someone, without any provocation whatsoever, to fuck off. No biggie, most people take it like a man. But YOU email me, scolding ME for not having "warned" you, and DEMANDING to be allowed access to your important files. I tell you to learn some manners. You respond with a "We can discuss this now on the phone or at the next happy hour in public." And you wonder why I'm ignoring you? What was that, a threat? Honestly, that kind of shit just bores me. At that point I stopped caring about your dilemma altogether.

Learn some manners. Stop telling people to fuck off. Don't make demands of admin. Don't be rude to people when favours are wanted. It's really that simple.
By the way, my real name is Tony. Next time you see me call me by that name.

You can also just PM me or call me at 0935-560-995.

Anthony Van Dyck
I stand behind my words because they're mine
MAOMAN
Site Admin

Postby BLACKCRUSADER » Fri May 10, 2013 4:27 pm

MAOMAN wrote:You were suspended for telling someone, without any provocation whatsoever, to fuck off. No biggie, most people take it like a man. But YOU email me, scolding ME for not having "warned" you, and DEMANDING to be allowed access to your important files. I tell you to learn some manners. You respond with a "We can discuss this now on the phone or at the next happy hour in public." And you wonder why I'm ignoring you? What was that, a threat? Honestly, that kind of shit just bores me. At that point I stopped caring about your dilemma altogether.

Learn some manners. Stop telling people to fuck off. Don't make demands of admin. Don't be rude to people when favours are wanted. It's really that simple.

Yes this is the same Maoman that "demanded" that I delete threads and posts on this forum. He makes demands and has no manners at all. Then he expects to be rude to people and have them do him favours. So Moaman chucks a hissy fit when he doesn't get his way.

My advice to Maoman, get off your high horse buddy. You do not tell me what to do or what not to do. We know you have a big head and large ego from running a forum but really, try not to be so patronizing all the time. People are fed up with your telling them how to be all the time. Take your Canadian PC bullshit somewhere else.

Take some of your own advice here Maoman

I feel less inclined to help. And when things get to veiled threats, I always dig in my heels. I don't respond well to threats.
If Evolution Works, Why So Many Idiots?
BLACKCRUSADER
Site Admin

Postby TROLL_UNDER_BRIDGE » Fri May 10, 2013 4:28 pm

MAOMAN wrote: Don't make demands of admin. Don't be rude to people when favours are wanted. It's really that simple.

OH, THE IRONY WHEN YOU YOURSELF MAKE DEMANDS OF THIS S(H)ITE ADMIN TO REMOVE CONTENTS OF A SITE YOU DON'T OWN AND DON'T CONTROL... AND YOU DO IT RUDELY AS WELL.

U MAD BRO?
TROLL_UNDER_BRIDGE

Postby ROBERT MUCHA MAN KELLY » Fri May 10, 2013 4:31 pm

MAOMAN wrote:You were suspended for telling someone, without any provocation whatsoever, to fuck off. No biggie, most people take it like a man. But YOU email me, scolding ME for not having "warned" you, and DEMANDING to be allowed access to your important files. I tell you to learn some manners. You respond with a "We can discuss this now on the phone or at the next happy hour in public." And you wonder why I'm ignoring you? What was that, a threat? Honestly, that kind of shit just bores me. At that point I stopped caring about your dilemma altogether.

God you are clueless. And rude. Here's the analogy. Let's say I went to a party of yours and insulted a guest and you threw me out. I call later and say I left my jacket behind and it has my car keys that I need for work. You would not have any right to keep the keys and jacket to "teach me a lesson." It wouldn't matter if I said please or thank you. That's patent nonsense.

And no my statement about meeting you at HH was not a threat. That is obvious. HH is the only place I know to find you to talk to you face to face. I could go to your work but I don't want to disrupt YOUR ability to make a living.

Again, you are clueless. You almost lost me a job and you think you are the one who's been wronged.
ROBERT MUCHA MAN KELLY

Postby MAOMAN » Fri May 10, 2013 4:33 pm

Here's another tip for you. Don't insult admin on his own forums. It'll get you banned. You can take up an eventual return to the forums with Goose Step. In the meantime, don't let the door hit you on your way out. You and blackcrusader
White Warrior
who I banned on Taiwanosa because he would't do as I told him on this site.
By the way, my real name is Tony. Next time you see me call me by that name.

You can also just PM me or call me at 0935-560-995.

Anthony Van Dyck
I stand behind my words because they're mine
MAOMAN
Site Admin

Postby IRON OXIDE LADY » Fri May 10, 2013 4:35 pm

The issue at hand is not the banning. The issue is whether the admin, as an individual, has the right to, or should, impose additional unstated rules of behavior on a longtime member in this particular situation (wanting to access PMs).

My position is that the two are separate. The banning is a consequence of a certain action on the forum. The admin, IMHO, does not have the right to demand that the poster take one action, use a particular word, or whatever, to obtain his intellectual property (if you want to get legalistic) from the site.

What if the admin simply doesn't like the person? How polite is polite? What if he says please but not thank you? What if he uses some word that the admin doesn't like? What if the admin's breakfast disagreed with him that day?

This is rule of man, not rule of law. Yes, the forum is not totally, 100% run by the rules, but IMHO matters concerning the forum should not degenerate into being handled based on one person's emotional reaction. It is not the admin's place to teach the poster how to live his life or how to speak -- except insofar as the admin had (and exercised) the right to ban.
IRON OXIDE LADY

Postby JIMIPRESLEY » Fri May 10, 2013 4:38 pm

I am advocating that moderators should spend even MORE time than they already (voluntarily) do to clean up arbitrary shit and general trolling? Listen, I used to moderate six forums until I got banned on forumease. Half of my day is spent on the net stalking forum members. Are you saying that I should spend even more of my time "quietly removing offending materials"? You try it for a few days and see how tiresome it becomes.
I have given up on Divea as a human. I don't allow myself to think about her. It hurts too much to imagine people like her are real. My real name is Marc Feltham
JIMIPRESLEY

Postby serial killer on parole » Fri May 10, 2013 4:42 pm

MAOMAN wrote:Here's another tip for you. Don't insult admin on his own forums. It'll get you banned. You can take up an eventual return to the forums with Goose Step. In the meantime, don't let the door hit you on your way out. You and blackcrusader
White Warrior

Maoman occasionally gets his head up his arse. Anyone who has been here for a while knows that. But trying to tell people what they can and cant do on another site, and then banning them on his own forum because of that, stinks of him being a despot.
Being banned from this forum would be like being told I couldn't play in the toilet anymore
serial killer on parole

Postby OMNI » Fri May 10, 2013 4:46 pm

serial killer on parole wrote:
MAOMAN wrote:Here's another tip for you. Don't insult admin on his own forums. It'll get you banned. You can take up an eventual return to the forums with Goose Step. In the meantime, don't let the door hit you on your way out. You and blackcrusader
White Warrior

Maoman occasionally gets his head up his arse. Anyone who has been here for a while knows that. But trying to tell people what they can and cant do on another site, and then banning them on his own forum because of that, stinks of him being a despot.

I must say, I'm rather surprised to learn that being suspended disables one's access to PMs. I've always viewed the PMs as just another place for emailing those of my friends and acquaintances who also happen to be posters, essentially no different from Yahoo Mail, Hotmail or any of the others. I hardly ever know whether or not anyone's been suspended. If I need to contact a friend who happens to be a poster, I'm as likely to pop onto moronsa and drop him or her a PM as I am to send a mail from my Yahoo, Outlook or any other account. It could well be something quite important, like a lead for work, invitation to meet, request for a favour, or suchlike. And now I discover that the addressee might not even be able to receive such mails due to circumstances completely unknown and unsuspected by me. That diminishes the value of the PM function enormously.

I fully agree with everything Ironlady has written in this thread. I think it is entirely inappropriate that Muzha Man has been treated like that and prevented from using one of his regular channels of correspondence. Are we to accept that an administrator of, say, Google or Yahoo would be entitled to peremptorily cut us off from using our email account with them because they do not like something we wrote, or for any other reason? I hardly think so!

As for this suspension business, I've never felt comfortable about it. It's too much like slapping little boys on the back of the thigh for being naughty, and hardly seems an appropriate way of treating an adult. If someone comes onto the site to troll and generally make himself unpleasant, then it's probably better to bar his access. But if a regular member posts something out of line from time to time, there are surely better ways to respond than slapping him on the back of the leg or sending him to stand in the corner. I have never been suspended myself, and can hardly imagine myself posting anything that could conceivably warrant it in anyone's eyes, but I have been dismayed many times to learn of others being suspended, and can hardly think of any instances where I felt that it was warranted.

My general impression of Maoman is that he's a good bloke but is likey to have big hissy fits, and I'll be very glad to meet him one day, shake his hand, buy him a drink, and thank him for all the good work he's put into posting on moronosa. But Muzha Man's input to expat sites has, in my eyes, been every bit as substantial as Maoman's. Maoman and others who administer sites should respect this, and he should not have been treated so shabbily.
OMNI

Next

Return to OPEN FORUM