THE MOAMAN FILES

Re: THE MOAMAN FILES

Postby BLACKCRUSADER » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:05 am

TainanCowboy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 07:06
Please remember, these two cases of account tampering have only happened to me.

Oh really?
You are not the only one to have have posts dicked about (American term) by that crew on Forumosa.com.
You were made aware of this happening, given evidence of it and condoned it by non-action and diversion of responsibility.
Frankly, I find this apparent sense of outrage (maybe too strong of term?) rather comical in its karma-like manifestation.

Yes Tony has a very selective memory. I had one of his flob moderators completely edit one of my posts on the ZD thread, and changed the meaning of the post.
When I sent a PM about it I was given a warning about back seat moderating. I'v also had others posts assigned to me which I complained about.
If Evolution Works, Why So Many Idiots?
BLACKCRUSADER
Site Admin

Postby MAOMAN » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:07 am

Outrage is definitely too strong a term. :lol: As I wrote above: "I was a little bugged (and only a little)...."

Don't know what you're referring to, TC, but I'm positive no one ever quietly assigned one of your posts to anyone else, nor was your record of recommendations mysteriously deleted, at least not on my watch. If you're talking about moderators moderating your posts, well that happens, even to me. I don't always agree with it, but I need moderators who moderate, even if my own posts are affected. This is normal business for forums. Posts get split, temped, sent to flames, etc, but the process is pretty transparent.
By the way, my real name is Tony. Next time you see me call me by that name.

You can also just PM me or call me at 0935-560-995.

Anthony Van Dyck
I stand behind my words because they're mine
MAOMAN
Site Admin

Postby TEMPER GAIN » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:51 pm

Tomas wrote:
I very much dislike Maoman insinuating on his site that Tempo Gain's statement was duplicitous. That pissed me off. I know TG well. Nobody's perfect, but he is one of the most honest people I've ever met.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm saying the same on my part for Goose Step and Toe Save aka Pop My Fly. I wouldn't be here if I didn't think so and I don't consider that I can be separated out from assertions made against this site--not talking about you here Tomas to be clear, but what's being said on Taiwanease. This thing has been blown way out of proportion, needlessly IMO, and I have no desire to discuss it much more. I totally concur with GE's posted explanation for what happened here. Suggestions that something nefarious happened here are silly. It shouldn't have happened, it happened on my watch most likely, as I've said it's likely I did it personally, and I take full responsibility for it. I apologize to Maoman for it, and it will not happen again.
Welcome to Forumosa... Treat people with respect... Be civilized... Every member of this community has a responsibility to participate in a respectful manner... You are strongly advised to exercise a little common decency... Oh, and FUCK YOU CARAMEL! ... forumosa Admin (actual post)

TEMPER GAIN

Postby FUNKYMONKEY » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:56 pm

Please... From the title, it was quite clear that you were trying to gain more hits to your site. Like an adult, you could have spoken with Gus and figured out an answer. TG already said that he may have done it. I notice that you STILL haven't made a public apology to Toe Save. Where is YOUR moral compass? You have continually tried to besmirch the Forumosa name. Be a man, and admit your own fault. I'm sick and tired of your members referring to Forumosa as Moronosa, etc. Grow up.

ThreadKiller wrote:
I'm sick and tired of your members referring to Forumosa as Moronosa, etc.
:ponder: I sincerely haven't seen much besmirching of Forumosa by Taiwanease posters.

Then you are either blind, or totally oblivious. Just look at Fat Vern's posts ,or whatever his name is... I saw it just a few days ago. Maoman could have been a man and asked Goose Egg about it in private. But no, he wanted more hits on his site... Where is the public apology to Toe Save? No, Maoman made a cute comment about drinking later... Seriously, grow up.
FUNKYMONKEY

Postby BLACKCRUSADER » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:58 pm

FUNKYMONKEY wrote: Where is the public apology to Toe Save? No, Maoman made a cute comment about drinking later... Seriously, grow up.

Why would Tony ever apologize for making false accusations?

Big Vern » I did pile on the pounds back in England in July. However, moronosa.com (please take a look) is a site set up by SatTV and his family to take the piss out of Taiwanease and Forumosa. If I referred to moronosa I was not talking about forumosa. I wholeheartedly apologise if you were in any way offended. No offense was intended.

See here we go again. I didn't setup moronosa.com. I hosted it for sometime but its moved to a new hosting server. The server doesn't belong to me. My family has nothing to do with the site.

The idea for moronosa came from some other flob posters at an event at Alley Cats. A wedding for lord lucan. In fact the site is owned by a current active forumosan. That isn't me. Seriously, you guys all come over here like vultures looking for the next big update. Ton'y is so popular. We didn't make up 19,000 plus views, flobbers and those on ease just love looking for the next installment. Tony just loves to keep the fodder coming. He loves his name being mentioned everywhere. Yes as his site was getting no hits he needed to go grave digging a 6 year old advert. really all this fuss for what? You guys behave like a bunch of immature children who get their knickers in a knot over the smallest thing.

Who gives a shit who authored the advert. Is it that important?
If Evolution Works, Why So Many Idiots?
BLACKCRUSADER
Site Admin

Postby serial killer on parole » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:50 pm

Re: Moronosa is down!?
Postby SuperS54 » Today, 14:14

lostinasia wrote:Context request: what on earth is that place? Does anyone "real" actually post there, or is it all just a bunch of sock puppets for the forum (?) administrator?

No idea, it's good for a laugh though as some people on forums take themselves far too seriously.

We are of the not so many. But several posters from both flob and ease like to visit. Some even like to email things they would like posted.

Nothing like taking the piss out of some people. Especially those with tears about internet adverts that don't even have anything to do with them anymore.
Being banned from this forum would be like being told I couldn't play in the toilet anymore
serial killer on parole

Postby serial killer on parole » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:51 pm

Re: Moronosa is down!?
Postby PenguinJim » Today, 14:35

SuperS54 wrote:
No idea, it's good for a laugh though some people on forums take themselves far too seriously.

I don't think it's possible to take oneself "too seriously" on a forum. These are places of insight, debate, and glorious pedantry, where my Oxford commas offend exactly the right number of people. To visit a forum is to show yourself to the entire Internet, and display your superior intelligence and cunning. Forums themselves hark back to a more enlightened age, a more baudy age of 14.4K connections and terrible puns. To determine how seriously one should take oneself on a forum, consider this: do you receive attention and respect for your words in real life? No? Then come to a forum, and put your overlooked words and unappreciated advice to good use.

You should consider forums not to be simple messageboards, but, in fact, as entire online communities. There is a set of values to consider when developing an online community. Some of these values include: opportunity, education, culture, democracy, human services, equality within the economy, information, sustainability, and communication. A developer's main focus is to create a technology that adheres to the interests, as well as the social and basic needs, of the community. An online community's main goal is to serve as a common ground for people who share the same interests.

People may use online communities to keep up with events, such as upcoming church or sporting events, that are going on in their local communities. Online communities also form around activities and hobbies. They have become an important part of education; students can take classes online, and they may communicate with their professors and peers online. Businesses have also started using online communities to communicate with their customers about product and service enhancements and to share new information about the business. Many online communities relating to health care help inform, advise, and support patients and their families. Other online communities allow a wide variety of professionals to come together to share their thoughts and ideas on certain topics or issues.

For people with very specific hobbies or passions, the ‘fandom’ has been an example of what online communities can grow and evolve into. Modern fandoms, which have strong online community bases, thoroughly portray these displays of development, communication, and connection within their realms of influence (e.g. social media sites like Facebook or Tumblr, or television shows). There are many networks which these online communities communicate through. “Communication,” is a simple way of describing the types of interaction that fandoms/communities do. They create ideas, share opinions, report up-to-the-minute events, and create original content. Whether it be for a grassroots campaign or a creative direction for a television series, online communities have become a significant force for change in today’s culture. Many major events in current news can be pinpointed to origins within online communities.

When developing an online community, it is important to have the technologies necessary to keep members interested, manage assets, and uphold community relations. Developers take into consideration whether all the online community members are good at using technology. If an online community is not workable for some users, they may be discouraged. Surveys and discussions where members may post their feedback are essential in developing an online community. Online communities are developed to encourage individuals to come together to teach and learn from one another.

Of course, when I use the word "community", I don't want you to think that I'm talking about the hit US sitcom Community. That series follows a group of students at a community college in the fictional locale of Greendale, Colorado. It makes heavy use of meta-humor and pop culture references, often parodying film and television clichés and tropes. Community has received acclaim from critics, being ranked in several critics' lists of the best television series in 2010, 2011, and 2012, and has gained a cult following.

But I digress. We were talking about the seriousness of forums. Seriousness is an attitude of gravity, solemnity, persistence, and earnestness toward something considered to be of importance. Some notable philosophers and commentators have criticised excessive seriousness, while others have praised it. How children learn a sense of seriousness to form values and differentiate between the serious and that which is not is studied in developmental psychology and educational psychology. There is a distinction between the degree of seriousness of various crimes in sentencing under the law, and also in law enforcement. There is a positive correlation with the degree of seriousness of a crime and viewer ratings of news coverage. What is or is not considered serious varies widely with different cultures, so perhaps you are simply applying your own culture's values when you accuse forum members of being "too" serious.

Maybe they are not serious enough!

See, some people understand forums. Wells said there.
Being banned from this forum would be like being told I couldn't play in the toilet anymore
serial killer on parole

Postby serial killer on parole » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:55 pm

Moronosa is down!?
Postby SuperS54 » Today, 12:41

Is it down? Has he been hacked? Has he gotten a life!? Anyone know what happened to Taiwan's favorite son and his hobby site? Where can one go for the gossip and inbreeding stories now?!

Well if not here then try Ease. Tony would love people to sign up. Then he wouldn't go around emailing other people who signed up why they stopped posing on his site anymore.

I've always had a life. Meagre as it is, I for one am happy with my own existence.
serial killer on parole

Postby HOGWRONGWAY » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:56 pm

Why are you guys even visiting enough to know this?
HOGWRONGWAY

Postby HOGWRONGWAY » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:09 pm

by PenguinJim » Today, 15:26

Oh, I got distracted and forgot to ask my question! What's Moronosa?

I'm not quite sure myself, but from what everyone else says, I gather it's a weird mirror universe where a very lonely guy writes nonsense in a multitude of voices for an audience of himself. Really strange hobby.
HOGWRONGWAY

PreviousNext

Return to OPEN FORUM