THE MOAMAN FILES

Re: THE MOAMAN FILES

Postby smurfette » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:00 pm

HOGWRONGWAY wrote:
I'm not quite sure myself, but from what everyone else says, I gather it's a weird mirror universe where a very lonely guy writes nonsense in a multitude of voices for an audience of himself. Really strange hobby.

Wrong. The perceptive clued in right away as to what this place is. It's a satire site. Best thing is, it practically writes itself. Far from being written by some "lonely guy" who "writes nonsense," the posts you see here are mostly direct reproductions of actual posts seen on other expat forums. Who needs to write nonsense when others are doing it for you? Sometimes reality really is better than fiction.

No, the site is a kind of twisted wikileaks site that aims to poke fun at people who should learn to shut up a little online (hint). It especially serves to expose and ridicule liars, cheats, criminals, their friends and other ne'er-do-wells who misappropriate online communities to spread their BS and abuse.

This site isn't run only by one person. It isn't run even by only a couple of people, though it's hard to know for certain how many there are here. It certainly isn't visited only by one person. There are even more contributors behind the scenes than the personalities you see on the boards. You'd be surprised who sends materials privately to this place. Oh, and about the "lonely" guy who supposedly runs this place on his own, a few things:

--He isn't lonely. He's actually a successful businessman with a life many would envy in Taiwan.
--He doesn't own this site, nor operate it as the sole admin.
--It wasn't even his idea.
--He doesn't give a hog's bum if people think the site is all about him.

PS. I like your avatar (and your user name here). It speaks volumes about the quality of your posts, Hogwrongway.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
smurfette

Postby MAOMAN » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:57 pm

I'm doing so well working at Marubini that's I've saved enough money to buy myself a new boat. We can have our next happy hour here.

By the way, my real name is Tony. Next time you see me call me by that name.

You can also just PM me or call me at 0935-560-995.

Anthony Van Dyck
I stand behind my words because they're mine
MAOMAN
Site Admin

Postby POP MY FLY » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:10 pm

My car is a lot better.

Forumosa is a vile place made up of well-intentioned nice people, and pedophiles.

Stewart Glen Advertising Sales Manager 0912-910-500

POP MY FLY

Postby MAOMAN » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:01 pm

My boat is bigger than your car.

Anthony Van Dyck
MAOMAN
Site Admin

Postby tainancowboy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:22 pm

tainancowboy wrote:Tony seems to be a nice enough guy.....But...sometimes he does seem to be overly full of himself.
I guess this is understandable given his internet claim to fame...but really...its somewhat akin to owning a foreigner bar in any other country. It is relevant to those who patronize it...but it means jack-shit ( nothing at all) to those who drink elsewhere.
Simple facts of life.
I've been the subject of his (maybe his toadies) wrath, but I've also been the recipient of his offer of a place to crash should I wish to come to Taipei for the "Big Dinner of the Year' celebratory feast. Nice offer...yet to be realized.
On his websites I have endured rude, threatening and abusive comments by his minions. He did nothing to alleviate this. It really did not mean jack-shit to me. I even offered to pay the HSR fees to one of his toadies who actually sent me physically threatening PMs about "kicking my ass." The little hockey puck-sucker declined the offer.
I could go on. But the gist is out there. Tony is probably a nice guy...to your face.
I'd have a beer with him...even buy him dinner and drinks just for the chat. No problem.
Just understand where Tony puts his allegiance. Go from there.
....NT$0.02.

Latest triviality from Tony and the crew:
Received from Anthony (Tony)
"Hi XXXX,

That video was beyond the pale in its nastiness.
Posting hateful, bigoted content like that is not only completely at odds with what our
community is all about, it will also get you suspended and eventually banned.
Please don't feel obliged to respond. Unless your account was hacked,
there is nothing you can say that interests me. An adjustment in your posting behaviour is all that's required.

Anthony"

And in response I sent:

"Good Morning Anthony,
A happy Monday wish to you & yours as well!
I do appreciate the 'personal touch' in your responses.
It gives the site a more personal and family-like feeling.
I am glad to see the new week upon us as we move into the Christmas and New Years time.

It is sad, but not unexpected, that some would wish to interpret a post in such a manner as you describe.

I would wish all of those also a Merry Christmas and Happy and Safe New Years.

Best,
TC / XXXX"

The video:
Can't find it. Ask Tony.
It was a rendition of the "!2 Days of Christmas" that pissed some people immensely....I guess.
tainancowboy

Postby MAOMAN » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:24 pm

Restaurants that have left us.

This year, Mayan Cafe closed its doors, as did Dressed and Belgian Beer Cafe. Romano's Macaroni Grill is closing its doors next month. What's next?

Anthony Van Dyck
MAOMAN
Site Admin

Postby REPLICANT » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:29 pm

MAOMAN wrote:Restaurants that have left us.

This year, Mayan Cafe closed its doors, as did Dressed and Belgian Beer Cafe. Romano's Macaroni Grill is closing its doors next month. What's next?

I'd say pretty much most places you've stepped foot in and asked them to have discount cards.

Maybe you are a jinx to all those places you have visited.
Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave!
REPLICANT

Postby MAOMAN » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:27 am

REPLICANT wrote:
MAOMAN wrote:Restaurants that have left us.

I'd say pretty much most places you've stepped foot in and asked them to have discount cards.

Maybe you are a jinx to all those places you have visited.

That's not a nice thing to say.

Anthony Van Dyck
MAOMAN
Site Admin

Postby TROLL_UNDER_BRIDGE » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:20 pm

Tony wrote:Posting hateful, bigoted content like that is not only completely at odds with what our
community is all about

And what is their community all about? It seems to be a community in which drunk-driving pals--one who ran from police and was shot, the other who killed an innocent person and fled the country-- are coddled and protected at the expense of the truth. It's a community that has no moral or ethical issues with propagating fabrications and lies to shield their criminal friends from criticism, nor with taking advantage of foreigner ignorance by accusing a whole country of racism and corruption. It's a community that has no problem with open hostility, attacks, bans and even threats towards those members who did not go along with their "community" vis-a-vis their friends. Lawlessness is ok; just don't post any videos that might offend. Got it.

If you find yourself "completely at odds" with what a community like this "is all about," you know you must be doing something right.

Tony wrote:there is nothing you can say that interests me...

How diplomatic of him. The guy runs a phpbb board in an abandoned corner of the internet, but he thinks he has the moral authority to pontificate and condescend to people over board posts. Tony really needs to get over himself!

tainancowboy wrote:Can't find it. Ask Tony.
It was a rendition of the "!2 Days of Christmas" that pissed some people immensely....I guess.

"People?" I'd say "person" is just as likely. For one, Tease has so few users, it's unlikely very many saw your post, even more unlikely that anyone would have complained. Just as how Tony believes he offends no one, if he is offended then that must mean everyone else is too, right? After all, he is the moral compass of his "community."

Anyway, if you ever find the video, post it here. Subvert their censorship-- that always gets them. I'm a little surprised Tony would risk alienating you, though, seeing as you are one of maybe 5 active posters that isn't one of his personal friends.
TROLL_UNDER_BRIDGE

Postby THE HULK » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:52 am

Wonder when the Marubeni gig is up, is it back to teaching again?
Ich bin ein dummkopf.

Popping flies since 1928

You only take revenge on people when you are 100% sure of success.
THE HULK

PreviousNext

Return to OPEN FORUM