FAKE NEWS ABOUT AMERICANS IN TAIWAN

FAKE NEWS ABOUT AMERICANS IN TAIWAN

Postby ROBERT MUCHA MAN KELLY » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:28 am

Re: AIT employee refuses to yield seats to elderly
by Mucha Man » 11 Jun 2013, 12:19

I would like AIT to come out with a statement such as "We would be happy to investigate the matter but knowing as we do that the Taiwan media does not take time to verifyy stories, in fact at times makes them up out of whole cloth (TVBS is not just a title but a way of reporting) we will not be treating this as a real event. If this disappoints the people of Taiwan we would remind you that we have a responsibility to our employees, and that responsibility includes not damaging their careers on the basis of Facebook reports that clearly look fabricated."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

On June 5th, 2013, my mother was on the Danshui (formerly Danshui) line heading north around 1:00 PM (1300). Every seat on her train was taken when she saw an elderly couple around 70- or 80-years old [part of the text was obscured by the TV company's logo] at Zhongshan station.

My mother, 60-years old herself, promptly stood up and offered her seat to the woman older and frailer than herself. She noticed that the woman in the picture below had her belongings sprawled out on the seat next to her so she asked on behalf of the older gentleman, "can you move your stuff please?" Any respectful individual would promptly move their things to allow an elderly man a seat, I'm sure you would agree.

Now my mother's English is a bit broken so she had some trouble catching exactly what the woman was speaking due to the fast speed, but what happened is still clear as day. The woman angrily started shouting back at my mother, refusing to move and then insisting that my mother [obscured by logo] say "please". My mother said that she did but followed up with "okay, please move your stuff?"

The woman still adamantly refused, saying things like how she's an American and boasting her AIT badge, implying that she shouldn't have to move because of her nationality. My mother immediately replied, "I am also an American. I don't care who you are, please move your stuff. Don't you see old people in front of you?" (Note: my mother and I are both US citizens. We reside in Sugar Land, Texas, and my mother is only in Taiwan for an extended family visit.) The woman continued to talk back to my mother in a very threatening tone, still denying the older man a seat.
ROBERT MUCHA MAN KELLY

Re: FAKE NEWS ABOUT AMERICANS IN TAIWAN

Postby REPLICANT » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:37 am

Fake news about Americans in Taiwan? Perhaps before you go off spouting again you may want to wait and see if in this case the event is actual.

Of course you make yourself look like a complete idiot with your posts by claiming this is all fake.

http://www.chinatimes.com/realtimenews/ ... 088-260401

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... cJu9ETD5nQ
Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave!
REPLICANT

Postby ROBERT MUCHA MAN KELLY » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:37 am

I think most of us would never have a clue if we were being ravaged by social opinion here. I wouldn't for example as I have no TV and don't read the local rags.

Plus I can't be harmed by something I don't care about.

I came to the conclusion long ago that the reason Taiwan has a free media is because they do not challenge the power structure in the slightest. So the gov gets to pretend they are enlightened, and support a free and vibrant press and the media gets to make lots of money.

Look at what happened to Michael Cole when he reported on the problem of military officers retiring in China. The KMT went after him and some were demanding he be deported. Or look at the hassles Next Media has had. Sure they are a scandal rag but they also do serious investigative journalism.

Media has been getting dumber these past two decades around the world and often the decline is attributable to individuals with propagandic aims such as Murdoch or Berlusconi.
ROBERT MUCHA MAN KELLY

Postby REPLICANT » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:41 am

So just because you don't care about it or read the local news it must be fake? We know you can't really speak and certainly cannot read Chinese so how could you read the local news anyway.

Also the AIT has confirmed the event happened.

It's on his Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... nt_count=1

[2013-06-10]
AIT 在今早做出第二封回應, 上面寫著 "經過他們內部調查, 確定那位女士是 AIT 員工, 因此將對她做出適當的處份, 但由於美國隱私法的關係, 他們無法提供我們那位女士的名字或懲處內容"

其實我們只是希望她能出來跟大家道個歉了事, 但既然 AIT 都這樣說了, 我們也就不太好意思再逼她道歉. 只希望這件事情過了以後, 她能學到在別的國家生活, 就該尊重當地居民, 不要再有這種仗勢欺人的行為, 不然最後只會傷到自己.

以下是 AIT 給我們的回信內容:
Date: Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Subject: RE: Concern Regarding an AIT Employee
To: David Hsiung <*************@gmail.com>

Mr. Hsiung-

Thank you for your weekend reply to our message.

We have identified the person in the picture as an AIT employee, and appropriate action is being taken.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide you with the name of the person or the actions taken because of our obligations under the U.S. Privacy Act.

Thank you,

American Institute of Taiwan
Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave!
REPLICANT

Postby ROBERT MUCHA MAN KELLY » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:56 am

Sad to watch delusions aired in public
ROBERT MUCHA MAN KELLY

Postby tainancowboy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:32 pm

LOL...leadership is from the top down.
She doesn't have to move for the little people (who are in reality her bosses as she is a gov't employee).
"We WON!" as the Soetero/Obamistas like to spew.
This is the results of Obamabots attaining positions of "importance."

On another note, the AIT office in Kaohsiung functions quite nicely.
tainancowboy

Postby THE GINGER MINGE » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:01 pm

Taiwan, much like anywhere else, is what you make of it. Some people like it, some don't. Some stay, some leave.

But the absolute worse kind of specimens must be those that stay, and hate it, and then whinge and whine, and expect others to toe their self-indulgent, noxious, and faulty line of prism.

Insane are those, that they must be, if they don't have the mustard to make a change in their own lives.
THE GINGER MINGE

Return to OPEN FORUM