WHY I AM TAIWANESE, NOT A FOREIGNER

Re: WHY I AM TAIWANESE, NOT A FOREIGNER

Postby BLACKCRUSADER » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:00 pm

There are certainly many expats here who have this stupid idea that a westerner who immigrates here will never be accepted locally.

They bitch and moan that they cannot become Taiwan Citizens because Taiwan's citizenship rules are unfair. However as Taiwan has the same rule for all
foreigners wanting to get citizenship here. You must renounce your own citizenship as part of the process. You also need a criminal record check from your home country as well, something I know quite a few foreigners would like to avoid.

It's just some paper work.
If Evolution Works, Why So Many Idiots?
BLACKCRUSADER
Site Admin

Postby ROBERT MUCHA MAN KELLY » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:27 pm

I'm not trying to naturalize, asshole.
ROBERT MUCHA MAN KELLY

Postby tainancowboy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:55 am

Bismarch sez:
When I was up in Taipei when they were having that "Ah Bian xia tai" rally a few years back an old bugger asked me where I'm from. When I said Tainan, he didn't laugh or say "impossible" or whatever, he just said, "We don't like you guys down there." Fair enough.

True that. I get asked that "where are you from?" thing often.
My answer is..."Tainan. Between Chen Dah and the Pizza Hut"...seems to be accepted and understood by just about everyone so far. They nod and life goes on.

No big deal. We are all from somewhere, going somewhere else. What we are is not always where we are.
tainancowboy

Postby JIMIPRESLEY » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:34 am

ROBERT MUCHA MAN KELLY wrote:I'm not trying to naturalize, asshole.

Relinquishing your citizenship to a "country" that is nothing more than a pariah state of China, is a risky business. How many nations recognize Taiwan as a county? Burkino Faso and Belize?
I have given up on Divea as a human. I don't allow myself to think about her. It hurts too much to imagine people like her are real. My real name is Marc Feltham
JIMIPRESLEY

Postby TROLL_UNDER_BRIDGE » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:19 pm

JIMIPRESLEY wrote:

Relinquishing your citizenship to a "country" that is nothing more than a pariah state of China, is a risky business. How many nations recognize Taiwan as a county? Burkino Faso and Belize?

Oh, the irony of a white South African saying something like this! And one who has spent a significant part of his adult life in Taiwan at that! If I were given a choice between Taiwanese and South African citizenships, it wouldn't take me very long to decide which one would be of more value. Taiwan can offer the chance to make a living, as well as the chance live in relative safety. What does South African nationality offer these days, especially for a caucasian??

U MAD BRO?
TROLL_UNDER_BRIDGE

Postby REPLICANT » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:44 pm

TROLL_UNDER_BRIDGE wrote:
JIMIPRESLEY wrote:

Oh, the irony of a white South African saying something like this! And one who has spent a significant part of his adult life in Taiwan at that! If I were given a choice between Taiwanese and South African citizenships, it wouldn't take me very long to decide which one would be of more value. Taiwan can offer the chance to make a living, as well as the chance live in relative safety. What does South African nationality offer these days, especially for a caucasian??

U MAD BRO?

Problem for Jimipresley is that he would need to pass a Chinese test. He can't hold any basic sort of conversation in Chinese. Sad really.
Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave!
REPLICANT

Postby JIMIPRESLEY » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:37 pm

BLACKCRUSADER wrote:Yes but bigots like Sandman are all too keen to point out that he hates the language here so refuses to learn it, hates the culture, hates the people,
hates the country etc etc.

I'm Taiwanese, have been for many years but bigots like sandman are always there to tell you otherwise.

Your unshakable resolve and dedication is touching and poignant, yet what is going to sway your steady hand when, in 20 year's time, you are still referred to as "waigouren" or even worse "meiguoren"by kids and their uncles in the street because you look like a whiteboy from "Hollywood"? Your nationalism is misplaced, methinks. :twocents:

Respective, any group of people that considers the cock of a tiger, the horn of a rhino and the fin of a shark to be in some way "aphrodisiacal" should be condemned to The Stone Age from whence they crawled out.

Let's hang a dog by the neck until it's nearly dead and beyond horrified and then boil it alive so that we can extract the fear juice at the testes to of the make us more the STRONG and of the VIRILE!

Bunch of fucking cretins.
I have given up on Divea as a human. I don't allow myself to think about her. It hurts too much to imagine people like her are real. My real name is Marc Feltham
JIMIPRESLEY

Postby BLACKCRUSADER » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:49 pm

Being a Taiwanese is not about being born in Taiwan, it is about being reborn here.
BLACKCRUSADER
Site Admin

Postby BLACKCRUSADER » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:29 am

BLACKCRUSADER
Site Admin

Previous

Return to TAIWAN CITIZENSHIP