Hi, it's me again

Hi, it's me again

Postby IRON OXIDE LADY » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:12 pm

Hello all!

Just thought I'd make a post. No particular reason. I'm not into self-promotion, but nobody teaches Chinese, translates or teaches English better than me. PM for rates. But I'm not still on a Taiwan expat site a decade after leaving Taiwan for purely self-promotion, no sir (remember to contact me for rates).

Despite having left a decade ago, all info I give on Taiwan is the most authoritative and up to date (PM for rates). It's never incorrect, except when it's just plain wrong wrong, but I'll never admit to that, so don't worry (PM for rates).

I never have a problem criticising local teachers and others promoting Chinese teaching and learning resources on flob, because that's not a conflict of interest, seeing how I offer the same services at much higher prices (PM for rates).

As a mod on the site, you can pretty much say whatever you like, unless it is in response to something I wrote; then you can expect me to moderate that post, because no one can be correct except me, ESPECIALLY when I'm wrong (PM for prices).

No, I am sincerely interested in a site dealing with a country in which I haven't lived in many years. I have a sincere interest (honestly... [asking you PM for rates]). Even if I were to be removed from modding and were to lose my freebie, self-promoting banner adverts, I'd still post here (once, before leaving for good; why should I post where I can't advertise for free? [contact me for rates]).
IRON OXIDE LADY

Re: Hi, it's me again

Postby THE HULK » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:22 pm

Excellent, I used to work at a local company, and they had their manuals and marketing materials translated by a certain Ms. Terry Tatcher, PhD.

I recall the translation as being sloppy to the point, where a non-native English speaker had to go in and correct. The non-native speaker would be me.

If you were to do translation work for me, I would pay you NT$0.2 per word, as that's the worth your translation would be IMHO.
Ich bin ein dummkopf.

Popping flies since 1928

You only take revenge on people when you are 100% sure of success.
THE HULK

Return to OPEN FORUM